(Links and information are not listed in any particular order. Please contact a business before attempting to visit them; Wasco House is not responsible for business hours of others!)
Columbia Gorge wineries produce a wide variety of quality wines. Here are links to a few local favorites.
- Tierra De Lobos Winery (The Dalles)
- Moody Tollbridge Winery Co. (The Dalles)
- Quenett Winery Tasting Room at Sunshine Mills (The Dalles)
- Cascade Cliffs Vineyard & Winery (Wishram)
- Jacob Williams Winery (Wishram)
From museums to concerts to to motorsports to antiques, there's something for everyone!
- Sherman County Historical Museum (Moro)
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center (The Dalles)
- Oregon Paleo Lands Institute (Fossil, OR)
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument (Fossil, OR)
- Fort Dalles Museum (The Dalles)
- The Dalles Art Center (The Dalles)
- Maryhill Museum (Maryhill, WA)
- Stonehenge Memorial (Maryhill, WA)
- Oregon Raceway Park (Grass Valley)
View pictographs and petroglyphs.
Horsethief Lake (Columbia Hills State Park, WA)
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED for pictograph and petroglyph tours.
The store at the Oregon Archaeological Society has many books on this subject.
Wide open, lightly traveled roads make this area ideal for touring by car, bicycle or motorcycle. Photo opportunities abound.
- Deschutes River Jet Boat Tours
- Deschutes River State Recreation Area
- John Day River/Cottonwood Canyon State Park
- Cottonwood Canyon State Park
- White River Falls State Park
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument
- Columbia Hills State Park (WA)
Wasco House is located just minutes from the Deschutes, Columbia, and John Day rivers. These rivers offer outstanding opportunities for windsurfing and kiting, boating, fishing, rafting, etc. Below are links to some local sites and outfitters.
Relax at Wasco House after windsurfing/kiting at Rufus, Celilo, Maryhill, Peach Beach or The Wall
Deschutes River State Recreation Area
Rafting trips on the Deschutes River and John Day River
Deschutes rafting trips out of Maupin, OR
John Day River/Cottonwood Canyon State Park
Fly fishing trips on the Lower Deschutes River
Fly by Nyte Guide Service
Fishing guide service
Call Touche or Kathee at (541) 298-2770
Walleye Willies Guide Service
The Dalles, OR
Copyright © 2023 Wasco House Bed & Breakfast - All Rights Reserved.